• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So Glad I Found This Forum!

I am newly diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. I have so many questions and am so glad I have found this forum! I look forward to reading the many posts.

After suffering for many, many years, I switched my GI doctor who finally found my problem...Crohn's Disease at the ileum. I have just started treatment the beginning of August. Started on 2 weeks Flagyl, followed by 40 mg. Prednisone, which I tapered to 30 mg over 5 weeks, and 2G Pentasa, when after feeling absolutely great, had an aweful flare. Now I am back up on the 40mg. Dr. feels it is due to the Prednisone withdrawl and now have to get a small bowel series done. He also mentioned having to start another drug since I am having a hard time getting off of the prednisone. Once he sees the SBS results, he will discuss what that next med will be.

My question is what are the likely next meds? I have read about many of the different one, but I don't know what the next ones are in the early treatement of Crohn's. Also what will the small bowel series show, or what is my Dr. looking for?

Any possible answers appreciated!!

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi. Can't really help with the first question. The doctor is probably checking for crohns involvement in the small bowel. He can also see if you have any narrowing in the intestine which could cause you pain. Take care of yourself.

Hi. Can't really help with the first question. The doctor is probably checking for crohns involvement in the small bowel. He can also see if you have any narrowing in the intestine which could cause you pain. Take care of yourself.
Thank you!! :hug: