• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So I Just Fainted...

Newly diagnosed, just started on Pentasa today, 4 500 mg caps per day. Took my second dose this evening and after doing some reading on here of some peoples' experiences and having a strong emotional reaction (as I know I'm prone to panic attacks but I don't usually faint), I blacked out on my bed. I woke up dizzy and sweaty, ears ringing, but I'm overall ok. My fiancé was here to help me but he and I are both very worried. Can Pentasa cause fainting or did I just have a bad panic attack? Being newly diagnosed it's been taking an interesting emotional toll so it's entirely possible that this is just a panic attack, as I'm not seeing much about Pentasa and fainting on the Internet. I have a childhood history of breath holding spells and subsequent fainting but I have long since outgrown that. Anyone else black out like that?

Last edited: