• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So lost

Hello everyone, I am a new comer here and Im do happy I found this forum. I am not diagnosed but I do believe I have crohn's, I dont have any medical insurance, so untill then Ill have to get through this on my own. Symptoms began about 10 months ago, I woke up out if my sleep 2 nights in a row with my stomach convulsing and involuntary vomitting and diarrhea. Since then I have had several episodes ranging from a week to a month with days to several months in between.

My symptoms are all over the place, I experience severe vomitting, diarrhea, nausea that is out of this world. Severe cramping both in my lower back and lower abdomen. Extreme fatigue, night sweats, burning in my stomach and through my bowels, sometimes it feels like Ive swollowed hot glass and some times it feels like someone is ringing out my stomach over and over again. I have sharp pains in my stomach, Ive experienced diarrhea and constipation at the same time, often always feeling the need to go. The thought of food just makes me sick, so I dont eat aften when Im having an episode. Sometimes the pain is so bad I feel like Im going to faint. Not to mention the gross amounts of mucus I have coming from my bum, and the newest thing is mouth sores.

I have tried changing my diet, I've gone lactose free, gluten free and have even been on a liquid diet, but none of it helps at all. I recently went to the ER for blood in my stool, which is something new for me.

Needless to say Im tired, Im a single parent with 2 young boys and I feel like thing is taking over my life. It is great to have others to talk to who know what your going through. After reading a few posts I wanted to cry, Im not alone or crazy.:ylol2::ybatty:

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry you are unable to investigate your issues due to lack of insurance. Is there a free clinic or something you could have access too?

We have an Undiagnosed Club (<--click here) you may want to browse through, a lot of great members in there going through similar situations with their health with no diagnosis yet.

There are some diets that some members have utilized to try to control their disease, some with meds but a lot of them with diet alone. We have a Diet Forum (<--click here) that has their experiences with diets like SCD, Paleo, Loflex, Low Residue etc

I hope you are able to find some answers and relief real soon!

Hi Nokie.

I really hope you are able to find a free clinic so you can start getting care. Obama are is starting sign up right now and it is supped to be based on income.

You REALLY need some help. Yes, you really do sound like a Crohns patient with the symptoms, but so many symptoms fit different diseases that you need experts to figure it out.

What about a university hospital or another public health facility. You need HELP!

Good luck, and let us know.

Hi belovednokie and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you are going thru all this. Please look for help, I am pretty sure there are some low income clinics in your city. Go to emergency room and maybe they can refer you to emergency medicare or medicaid. Just a suggestion, I know is easier said than done. I wish you the best.

No you are not crazy. You have a lot going on and need to find out for sure what it is and get it treated.

It would be good if you can at least be checked for some tests: Stool cultures to see if the source of your problem could be bacterial.

The colonoscopy is an important diagnostic test to determine if it is IBD, IBS, or something else. No matter what, you need medical treatment.

As you start getting tests done, and you must look to see if there is a clinic, keep copies of all of your labs, biopsies and any other tests.

This site is a great place for support and information. we are glad you found it!!