• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So many test

Hi my name is Mandy i am 30 im legally blind and have cerebral palsy. I suck at typing so sorry if its a little jumbled.

My problems all started back in June of last year, 2 months after (MC) (04/01/14). I had bleeding when i had a bowel movement it was a lot with clots, but at the time i didnt think much of it. Didnt have any pain, this would happen few times a month until like August. Just thought i ate something abrasive or hemeriods. Then it happened again in october, november, and December. im still have bleeding once or twice a month.
also wanted to add that my BM havent been normal consitancies either, when im bleeding its bloody (duh) lol. most the time it looks like undigested goop or im constipated, Sorry TMI.

In January I started to have server lower right back pain. So i made appointment with a back doctor(01/19/15), I told her all my symtoms I was having over the past while, she immediatly refered me to see a GI next day (01/20/15)

He ordered that day:
CBC (01/20/15)
Basic Metabolic Panel (01/20/15)
Meckels Scan (1/23/15) faint positive, (1/30/15) positive after taking zantac
Colonoscopy (1/28/15) came out clear normal

So when it came time to have my surgery to remove the meckels i thought this would be it my back pain and all the bleeding i was having would be fixed. Nope they searched my entire small bowel twice couldnt find the meckels, they took my appendix out and sewed me back up it was all done labrascopy. The surgeon said she did see some inflammation on my ileum with creeping fat.

She order some test:
Barium Xray (03/23/15) nothing found
Pillcam (04/01/15) mucosal ulcerations found in the ileum

so yesterday (04/24/15) i went to see my GI he went over the Pillcam results, he wanted to do more testing before he absolutly ruled it was crohns or other IBD, he said my case was very unique.

He ordered: (updated)
c-reactive protein test 10.7mg/L (normal 0.0-3.3)
IBD sgi Dianogstic
Sedmintation Rate (ESR) 12
Stool Pathogen Panel- Negative
Calprotectin fecal test

So now im waiting, waiting sucks. I just want to know.

Last edited:
Hi Mandy. Hope they figure out what is going on and give you some concrete direction. I am in the waiting stage, too. No fun.

I just joined the forum today and am really thankful to have a community like this. We are in this together.

Hi Mandy
You are right, so many tests and interventions! The good thing is that the doctors are taking you seriously and want to find the cause. I really hope they do.

Hey mandy,

Be happy with the test. I had a MRI and CT SCAN for my crohn's, where they found "AVN" in both of my femors. 15%-20% of the bone In both hip joints are dead. So now I have got to find a different profession to try and get 20 more years before I need hip replacements. Its a good thing he is trying to get to the bottom of things. Good luck and hope all goes your way.

Ty David, I really am hoping wishing this all turns out to be a very bad infection or something else, I got a whole team of GI working on my case, they are all saying that might be looking like an very very early stage of crohns.