• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So Much Blood - Sorry TMI

I'm currently flaring again which just sux. This time round though the blood seems so much worse. Like heaps!
My GI is overseas for another couple of weeks so I can't chat to him. I am on iron tablets etc, but if this doesn't settle down should I see my GP? I'm a tad concerned as i haven't had it this bad before. :(

How much blood is too much. The cramps are awful, I feel like I'm in labour :(

Sorry TMI, I know you can all understand though ;)

kiny

When you're wondering if it's too much blood, it's too much.

I lost too much blood, 20 seconds later I started seeing black, few seconds later I was out cold.

If you feel any sort of dizzynes I would go to ER. This is the stuff that can kill people.

If you lose a lot of blood it will show when you measure your blood pressure.

suschex

Suzanne
When you're wondering if it's too much blood, it's too much.

I lost too much blood, 20 seconds later I started seeing black, few seconds later I was out cold.

If you feel any sort of dizzynes I would go to ER. This is the stuff that can kill people.

If you lose a lot of blood it will show when you measure your blood pressure.
Kiny is right!!! You should see a doctor!

Thanks for the replies.
It has settled down overnight, still cramping etc. I'll go today and get my blood pressure etc checked.

Unfortunately my GI doesn't have a nurse, that would be great if he did.

KINY can i ask what happened when you did end up in the ER?

kiny

Thanks for the replies.
It has settled down overnight, still cramping etc. I'll go today and get my blood pressure etc checked.

Unfortunately my GI doesn't have a nurse, that would be great if he did.

KINY can i ask what happened when you did end up in the ER?
Was laid on a stretcher and asked to stay in that position so blood would keep going to my head. Got glucose from an IV and they had a blood transfusion ready too but I didn't need it in the end. Someone stayed with me for a few hours next to my stretcher to make sure I didn't lose consiousness again.