• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So unsure how to move forward

I am s 59 female who has had Crohn's for 25 years
Until this last year it manageable and I was fine 90%
of the time
I now have extreme narrowing in my Illiem,
A partial blockage and a lot of inflammation
I started Humira and Azathioprine at the end of December.
My doctor now wants to up my prednisone to 40 mg start remicade and put me on TPN for 7 weeks.
I am terrified of TPN and feeling like an invalid
I also have no idea what happens after the TPN
Am I better off having surgery?!!
Any insight would be appreciated

cmack

Staff member
Welcome Momkar,

I am glad you came here. There are a lot of very kind and helpful folks on this forum. I don't personally have the answers, but I think if you explore the forum and its various threads you will find useful info. If nothing else you can have my support, and that of our other members.

I hope you get some answers soon,

cmack

Welcome. Everyone is different. I don't know what your doctor has in mind after the TPN. I was in the hospital three times in 2010. Somewhere in between hospital visits, it was decided to put me on TPN . It was also decided that surgery needed to be done to remove a fistula. I hope that the medication will help with your situation. Please let us know how you are.

Lady Organic

Staff member
I'd go for it! Humira and Imuran can take up to months to be effective. Your dr is trying every best possible options in the meantime to try to induce a fast remission (pred and TPN). Good luck.