• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So what do you think?

I have had major diarrhea, cramps, weight loss, fatigue, black outs, mucus in stool, bloody stool....

I had a ct scan everything looked normal
I had a MRI everything looked normal
I had a colonosopy and it looked normal but they took a ton of biopsies
I had an upper GI and they found gastric mucosal abnormality characterized by erythema, and erythematous duodenopathy both also biopsies

Sooo what do you think is going on? Chron's is in the family and they all think it looks like chron's... I am just not sure and my GI will not say anything until after the biopsies come back... If not chron's then any idea what to expect?

Welcome...
don't put the cart before the horse. I know that dx is important and makes life easier and relives anxiety. Tell your doctor that this needs to be treated because its effecting your life and you don't care how or why but try and work like that to get some treatment. that how i originality used when my eye was inflamed and there was no reason. and now that i have a reason i band my GI from using the word inflammation.

Good luck

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: to the forum. As outier pointed out , try and stay calm. Stress is a flare starter. It sounds like you have an IBD related problem. I too have crohns and my family are infested with IBD too. It took me the longest (1 full year) of hospitals, emergency ops, tests after tests... so if you are having issues, it has to be biopsied in the exact spot, sometimes they miss. Wait for the results and go from there. :hang:

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Hi Colonfitz, welcome to the forum and the club. If the biopsies don't show anything, it doesn't necessarily mean it's not Crohn's. Crohn's can manifest anywhere from mouth to anus, and it usually manifests in the small intestine. And, of course, the upper & lower scopes only see a little tiny bit of either end of the small intestine. A test like small bowel follow-thru or pill cam might be a good bet to see what's going on in your small intestine.

Good luck with the biopsies, I hope they get you some answers so that you don't have to go through any more tests!

Yep - they already warned mento expect many tests to come. Read about pill cam and other possibilities... It really helps to read here and see all the information and help know there is other people in my same boat!

Dr office called - biopsies not good but they would not say the issues just they are going to rerun some on the samples and want me to come in when they are done.... So maybe just maybe I will know something soon!!!!

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I hope they don't keep you waiting too long! Good luck and I hope this means you get some answers, and appropriate treatment. Even if it is Crohn's, at least knowing will mean that you can get treatment and hopefully get into remission. Best of luck and keep us posted on what happens with those biopsies!

Well got the Drs phone call ... Everything shows nothing all the tests show normal ... But he is willing to get me on meds today at long last will let you know what he puts me on and said it is the lowest on the rung and we will move slowly up the ladder until we see what works.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
That is not uncommon, I took a full year of test with "normal" biopsies and test... has to be the perfect spot, or not any Prednisone type drugs. I am sure your doc knows this. Let us know what he puts you on. :hang: