• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Social Security Disability and Crohn's

I have had Crohn's Disease, diagnosed in 2010. In 2018 I retired from my job of 32 years. In 2021 I started working part time for Doordash. I've been flaring for months and I really can't do deliveries with Crohns. It leaves me with urgent need for the bathroom. Not good when driving.

For normal Social Security I would have to wait 3 more years, so I am applying for disability. Has anyone been approved with Crohn's as the basis? What was required to get approved?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I believe there are some old threads about SSD...I don't have time right now to research them (at work and need to go meet someone)...but if you search SSD and social security disability I think you should get some results.