• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Some foods are going right through

I've had crohns colitis for 1.5 years. I have noticed that some foods (bean sprouts, peas, skins of peppers, and others) appear to go right through. After that happens I am reluctant to eat that again, I'm not sure if it's really bad? Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hey Gutsy those are hard covered type of foods, and peas are my worse and hated food. Make sure you steam them soft or avoid eating them. I use digestive enzymes to help break down food and absorb the nutrients. Corn is another no no. :nonono:

I have had that happen with bean sprouts after eating chow mein. NEVER AGAIN. That scared me intensely. I happen to be a lettuce lover and I find that hard to digest as well. Certain high cellulose things just do not want to break down, and you find out as you go :)