• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Some interesting news

I had my colonoscopy today and it looks like my Crohn's has spread to my colon. (Originally diagnosed with it just in the t.i.) My GI decided to up my dose of prednisone to 40mg and continue my Humira weekly injections. I had been feeling like crap until I quit smoking which my dr. did not know about. I know, horrible habit, but I haven't had a smoke since March 26th and I honestly don't feel an urge to have one. Since I quit I felt my medicine was finally starting to work and had told him this. He said to keep on the pred and humira but if this didn't work then I'm looking at having surgery to remove a good portion of my colon. So whether you pray or not please keep those good thoughts and energy coming that my medicine is working! I'm looking on the positive side. It could always be worse.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I was in the same boat. I noticed that as much of a stress reliever as they were (and we all need some stress relief dealing with crohn's :p ) the cigarettes actually made me feel worse and my bleeding would worsen because of it. Once I stopped I noticed how much things improved and the treatments worked. Glad to hear you are noticing positive results :)

Keep on fighting through! Sending lots of positive vibes your way!

It definitely helped with stress but I've noticed such an improvement once I stopped. Thanks for the positive vibes! Sending good luck your way as well!

I also smoke. Are u saying if I go to my bin right now and throw my smokes away I will never suffer again. Or have things just got better

Nicotine and cigarette smoking are risk factors for Crohn's Disease, aggravate the illness, and interfere with treatment. It would be in your best interest to quit if you can howard.

If I thought for one min it would fully cure me I would. I need them to help me get by. I argue with my partner all the time and sometimes I just yell out or be nasty for no reason. It's not her fault I got this but I sometimes think she doesn't understand the illness fully.

nogutsnoglory

I agree that smoking is really bad for crohn's and that cessation would be in your best interest. Is there another activity that can help with stress?

Maybe if I could get my partner to understand or know that she understands that would help. But when I say stuff about crohns she says I use it as an excuse or I'm glad I got it now so I can use it to my advantage

I had my colonoscopy today and it looks like my Crohn's has spread to my colon. (Originally diagnosed with it just in the t.i.) My GI decided to up my dose of prednisone to 40mg and continue my Humira weekly injections. I had been feeling like crap until I quit smoking which my dr. did not know about. I know, horrible habit, but I haven't had a smoke since March 26th and I honestly don't feel an urge to have one. Since I quit I felt my medicine was finally starting to work and had told him this. He said to keep on the pred and humira but if this didn't work then I'm looking at having surgery to remove a good portion of my colon. So whether you pray or not please keep those good thoughts and energy coming that my medicine is working! I'm looking on the positive side. It could always be worse.
Sending prayers your way.

nogutsnoglory

Maybe if I could get my partner to understand or know that she understands that would help. But when I say stuff about crohns she says I use it as an excuse or I'm glad I got it now so I can use it to my advantage
It sounds like you both can benefit from a couples counselor for a regular or occasional therapy session.

My husband would never in a million years say that to me :( I am so sorry she isn't understanding. Like NGNG said, counseling may be beneficial to you guys.