• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Something helped my crohns and I want to share it with you

Hi my name is Brian,
When I was in my sophomore year of high school my health began to deteriorate and the doctors were at a loss as to why. They gave me and my family the usually garbage about being under stress, poor diet, etc. I suffered extreme weight loss and at over 6 feet tall began to look like I was skin and bones. Everything that I ate literally poured out of me. At one point they hospitalized me, hooking me up to IV's to get any nutrition in me.
After a series of tests and being misdiagnosed it was determined that I had crohns. They put me on all kinds of medications that seemed to initially help and I would start to feel better. My flare ups decrease immensely compared to where I came from.
After I graduated college I found a great job working as a college biology teacher . The job became demanding and took its toll on my health. Again crohns reared its ugly head and the remission period was over. The medications stopped working for me and after a few years of trying new things my doctor told me about an unconventional method he had heard of from another patient that seemed to be helping them. (I was a bit skeptical but desperately needed help) The product is called AMP Floracel. It comes in capsule and powder form and is all natural. The doctor suggested that I try this with my medications and that it may help with my flare ups as well as other problems that were resulting from this. I called the company and spoke to someone who explained that they have been in business since 1996 and that the owner actually started the company when her boyfriend was suffering from crohns . This supplement is completely all natural, nontoxic and organic. (bonus) It doesn’t have 12 ingredients it only has one and that is the Aloe Mucilaginous Polysaccharide Molecule (AMP) which is the actual healing molecule in the plant and if you buy the capsule formula it also contains soy lecithin which is what the capsule is made from. (this is what I use). It really helps to balance out your body and you immune system.
I put my full confidence in the product and have been using it for four years now and honestly I can tell you it has changed my life. I don’t have the flare ups that I used to have, my doc has given me the green light as far as my health goes and feels that I am in remission.

Last edited by a moderator:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Brian72,

There have been some pretty heated debates about AMP on this forum and I will apologise in advance if I am misinterpreting how you have posted but your post does sound a tad advertorial to me.

That being the case I feel I should post this link to another thread that contains an Admin note re Aloe Amp...

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=19867

Dusty.

Hi Dusty Kat,

I didn't mean to offend or make anyone feel as if I am trying to sell anything. I thought my first post was supposed to be about me and how I came to this site and talk about using something or doing something that I find works for me. As anyone knows when they find something that works for them they want to share it with the world. I know what it is to suffer with this and thought it would be helpful information for someone who has suffered like I have. I have to say I am quite surprised by all the negativity in that thread you sent me to. While I can understand frustration, I can also understand trying new things can sometimes help a situation get better. This disease plays on so many emotions not to mention can be so physically debilitating. If something doesn't work for one person doesn't mean it doesn't work for all, I think that it means that it just wasn't right for them. Also, a lot of times people are looking for a pill to fix all of their problems when there are just so many other things that play a part. Unfortunately taking the natural way isn't the popular way but it doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong. And I also believe that when trying something new you should always talk to your doctor about it. We are all individuals. I thank you for reading my post and thank you for the feed back. Best of luck to you! :)

DustyKat

Super Moderator
No worries Brian. :)

I think the negativity stems from some people having been taken advantage of by some unscrupulous marketing. This is then compounded by members getting to know each other, their stories and their struggles and so people become protective of each other. I would be lying if I said I didn't fall into this group. I have no issue with Aloe and if it is working for you that is fab. :) To know that you are indeed here for the good of all makes it all the better.

Dusty. xxx

I am admittedly a total newbie but, my ex had IBD also and she swore by this aloe regiment. It seemed to work for her. I'm considering trying it also.