• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Son of a Crohn's Patient

About me:
Hello everyone! I'm from Brazil and the reason why I'm here, is that my mother is diagonsed with Crohn's Desease for quite a few years now, I just came across this forum and tought it might be useful and maybe I can help her with something.

About my mother:
She was diagnosed when I was still a kid, back then, I didn't understand much about what whas hapenning, but as I grew up, I realized the seriousness of the situation. In 2009, when I was 14 years old, thigs got really bad with my mom and she had to be hospitalized in the ICU. Her conditions were very abd and she almost died. Luckly, she got treated and came back from the hospital better than ever, she started gaining weight and soon started working, wich was a cruicial advance to her mental state since she loves her job and it keeps her very motivated. After some years she had another drawback in 2013-14, but much less severe than the last, she was treated with Humira and became good again. Nowadays she is starting to get bad again, Humira stopped working due to psycological reasons, according to her doctors, because she's been living some real stressful situation with her parents who are getting very old.

I discovered this forum and tought it might be good to join!

Welcome to the forum rigl. There's a lot of information here, but keep in mind that most people who are posting are very ill. Once people get better, they tend to move on. I too find that stress is very bad for my Crohn's. I've tried to reduce all the stress in my life. I hope that her doctor comes up with a new treatment plan soon.

Welcome to the forum. If Humira stops working there are other biologics she can use, like Remicade. Feel free to ask any questions.

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome. What an amazing son you are to join a community with the goal of better supporting your mother. Thank you for being the kind of person you are.

Have your mother's doctors suggested a short term treatment like steroids or enteral nutrition to bridge the gap until she can start a new biologic and get the new medication to therapeutic levels?

Best of luck