• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sore throat/ swollen right gland with Cimzia?

Hi Everyone,

I just had my third loading dose of Cimzia and my Crohns is under control. Bowels are normal abdomal pain is gone and I feel pretty good.

I noticed however this week I have a sore throat and swollen left gland. Has a anyone experienced this? Any feedback is so appreciated thanks

I get a sore throat for a few days after injecting. I think it is just a side effect. If I remember correctly, flu-like symptoms is one of the top side effects. It's still not fun, though. I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are right, flu like symptoms are one of the side effects. I feel better after reading your post and I appreciate being reminded that a sore throat is common. :) I do feel alittle better today :)