• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sore tongue....

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
sore tongue....

well- for the past few days, I've had a sore spot on my tongue, near the tip- it looks like a taste bud is swollen???? Nothing really obvious except when taking a really close look.

Anyone ever have something similar? This is REALLY ANNOYING!!!!!:ymad::ymad:

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hey L, EJ used to get them often until he started taking extra B-vitamins. Now they are very rare for him.

yes, I know the feeling. I made sure I didnt have anything acidic...no juice or tomatoes .. which I am sure your tongue would have let you know. I was told to gargle with salt water.. I did but it still took awhile. Dex probably has the right answer....

hawkeye

Staff member
I have had them occasionally in the past. If they got really irritating, I would put Orajel on them. I found they only lasted for a couple of days and then it went away.

Mark

I had one of those and woke up the next day and couldn't open my mouth, i had candida of the mouth.

Complete nightmare. i will spare you the nightmares, but get it seen to, just to be sure.

Sorry if i gave you a bit of a fright but, seriously, worst six months of my life.

Good luck !!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I have issues with my tongue. I don't get sores, however, it feels swollen and tight. It was quite bad when I was first diagnosed that it was almost difficult to speak. My GI nor an ENT doctor could explain it. Very odd...