• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Soreness but no bleeding

cmack

Staff member
You can have one like that, usually you feel so bad it's straight to the ER for pain relief and drainage in my experience. That's how I felt anyhow, I hope it isn't a fistula. On a scale of one to ten what is your pain level, with 10 being the highest? Does anything make you think it's a fistula in particular?

You can have one like that, usually you feel so bad it's straight to the ER for pain relief and drainage in my experience. That's how I felt anyhow, I hope it isn't a fistula. On a scale of one to ten what is your pain level, with 10 being the highest? Does anything make you think it's a fistula in particular?
Probably somewhere between a three or four. A month ago, my gp saw redness there and it looked raw.

cmack

Staff member
If it doesn't improve pain wise I think I would get it checked again. Remember, everyone experiences pain differently, and that is getting very borderline if it's approaching a five or more. Be sure to air on the side of caution, Ron. I sure hope things improve, sometimes a really salty bath can help, and zinc ointment is useful too on the outside area. Best wishes.

If it doesn't improve pain wise I think I would get it checked again. Remember, everyone experiences pain differently, and that is getting very borderline if it's approaching a five or more. Be sure to air on the side of caution, Ron. I sure hope things improve, sometimes a really salty bath can help, and zinc ointment is useful too on the outside area. Best wishes.
Thanks, Chris

That's how it started for my husband. He just had like wounds with no pain at all. Then one day he got terrible pain and it did not go away until he had surgery to get them banded. But he never had pus or blood from them. I hope you don't have them, Ron. Did you tell your Dr about any improvements?

That's how it started for my husband. He just had like wounds with no pain at all. Then one day he got terrible pain and it did not go away until he had surgery to get them banded. But he never had pus or blood from them. I hope you don't have them, Ron. Did you tell your Dr about any improvements?
No. It doesn't happen every day.

Bufford

Ron you may want to discuss with your GI trying a local anti-inflammatory such as the Salofalk enema with mesalamine. This has worked quite well for me long term to keep my rectal area from flaring. I typically take it every 2nd evening before bed.