• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sorry an other question

Seems like you should be getting a bit better results than that, but honestly, I can only go by my own past experience has I haven't heard very many people hear talk about how quickly they felt relief from the prednisone. Are you saying that on the 30th you had 21 bowel movements? If so - I'd say it would be time to follow up with your GI to see if they want to add something else to what you are already taking. Have they ever done a stool sample test on you to make sure you don't have something else going on?

At 40mg I was back to solid in three days and at 1-2 BM's a day for the past month.

Might be time to contact your GI.

Oh, sorry you are suffering so much! I think it definately should be working better than that...have you told the doc? Maybe they should do a culture and see if you have c. difficile or some other infection.