• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Speciality Hospital

Since I have not gotten any better, they have put a diagnosis on some of my issues, my GI suggested I go to a speciality hospital.

Does anyone have any recommendations for hospitals or doctors with experience with odd issues?

You can PM me if you would like.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas, I am so sick, weight loss continues, nausea & D are relentless along with the pain.

Thank you.

They haven't wanted to try those meds yet because there are still undiagnosed problems in my digestive tract. They did have me on Pentasa for awhile which not sure really worked.

Thanks for your suggestion.

my little penguin

Staff member
Pentasa is not recommended as a monotherapy for crohns
Most Gi equate Pentasa like giving a aspirin for a brain tumor not going to hurt much but not going to help much either
Entocort only helps part of the Gi tract so that wouldn't take care of all of your inflammation

You should really try for a second opinion - since it doesn't appear that your crohns is medicated at all right now

Ds also vomited a lot until his crohns was under control on remicade

Cleveland clinic has a top notch ibd clinic
Mayo clinic

Basically larger university hospitals with an ibd clinic
Not sure of other adult places my kiddo is seen at children's hospitals

Good luck