• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Spots

Hi after my second infusion (I am now waiting for my third), I started to get spots, they are on my face, chest and back, has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do, thanks guys:uk_flag:

Hi after my second infusion (I am now waiting for my third), I started to get spots, they are on my face, chest and back, has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do, thanks guys:uk_flag:
hi christie,,i posted somthing the sameto no joy ,i have a few too been on pentasa for years dont know if this is to blame ,,sorry cant help but if i find out i will forward to you cheers ,,,:)

Hi folks. I've got a spotty rash on my chest and back too which appeared about three weeks after my last (third) infusion. It comes and goes a bit, is a bit itchy and seems to be aggravated by some things like perfumed shower gel and synthetic materials.
I think it's a common side effect. I would mention it at your next infusion and keep an eye on it: make sure it's not spreading or getting infected.

Last edited:

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I had a God-awful rash appear after a bout with strep a couple years ago now - most of that finally disappeared, however I still have some spots here and there that are flaky and a little itchy, especially if I scratch them.....

I have some prescription cream (steroid) that takes it away, but I use that only when I really need to.....

PsychoJane

This is the joy of anti-TNF. It can lead to side effects from the disease it can treat: psoriasis/arthritis. We have to keep in mind that anti-TNF are not made to focus only on our gut. It affects area that would normally be balanced so we ended up having to care about skin and joints problems at time. I get inverted psoriasis like lesion from humira, it can be quite annoying...

PsychoJane

Sun may help, but sometimes it worsen it. If it does... then report it as sun sensitivity may be the expression of other branch of induced-disease potential side effects and then need to be checked out. We love that don't we!? Hopefully steroid cream will do the job for you. And it tends to get better with time, that's what my doctor told me (for humira at least).

Last year I developed dyshidrotic eczema (eczema of hands and feet). None of my docs attributed it to my meds, and I was also given a steriod cream (it did nothing!). It eventually went away on it's own, and hasn't reappeared. I had been on Humira & stopped because it wasn't working for me anymore. I had only been on Remicade for a couple of months when I broke out. Weirdness.

No doubt the rashes and a general increase in skinsensitivity comes from using Remicade, but to Christie's question on spots - I'm pretty sure shes having a flare up and this could show as spots on your body.