• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Started Cimzia today

My doctor just started me on cimzia injections today. Has anybody had any luck with this medicine? I'm not sure how it'll do since Humira and Remicade didn't work on me.

looks like we are in the same boat. both humira and remicade failed on me as well. (never worked.) doctor said that Cimzia is unlikely to work on me since it's in the same drug class as humira ad remicade. I hope it works on you. good luck. Let us know how things go.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
My doctor just started me on cimzia injections today. Has anybody had any luck with this medicine? I'm not sure how it'll do since Humira and Remicade didn't work on me.
Hey I had Remi and Humira and they didnt work for me either. Cimzia is not available here in Canada so I will be following your post here. Good luck, I am watching :shifty-t:

I'll definitely keep you guys updated. :] I'm really hopeful about this. The lady who guided me through the injections told me that she's worked with a guy who's been in remission with cimzia for a while now. That, and I haven't much to lose. I would rather try it and have it not work then wonder for the rest of my life if I would have been in remission if I had tried cimzia against all odds.

I started Cimzia in mid-February, along with 100mg Imuran. I've also been on Humira and Remicade. The Humira failed after about 6 months; the Remicade lasted close to two years, but I had to up the dose after a year or so. So far, the Cimzia has been great, and my doctor believes that adding in the Imuran will help slow the development of antibodies so hopefully the Cimzia will be more effective for a longer period than the previous meds. You might want to talk to your doctor about possibly adding in Imuran or 6MP for that reason.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the the Cimzia will be effective....the big test will be in late spring, which is when my Crohn's usually rears its ugly head. Good luck to you!

I've been on it over a year now. It started losing its effectiveness a few months back so I'm on 6MP and Prednisone right now. My doc even tried doubling the injections but it didn't seem to do much. But when it worked, it worked very well.

Did my shots today and ended up only being able to do one. Turned out the second syringe was defective and I could not get all the air out, almost like the glass vial was cracked. So make sure you are really checking the syringes before you inject. This was a first for me. Now I have to wait a day or two to get a replacement sent to me.