• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Started Humira Injections

Did my first 4 injections today. Could not bring myself to do them in the belly after the way the first one felt. All 4 in the legs. Feel like I have been kicked in the legs by a horse. One hour after injections eyes are feeling heavy.

After my 4 injections 2 weeks ago... I had a strange taste in the mouth for 1 hour after.

What do you mean by "feeling heavy" ?

I had headache before to start the injections, and it was worse after but I can't be sure if it is linked or not.
The next day I was very sleepy and tired... then I was fine...

It's 2 weeks ago
however in the last week I have muscles aches, I don't know if it can be related to MX or Humira.

After the work today I have to go with the second step (2 injections)

Next round is done. It's the first time all alone :D

2 injections in the belly, it's not painful in the lower belly when you pinch enough.
I'm afraid to try in the legs... I have a lot of muscles and no much fat there.

No side effect up to now, except the taste in my mouth for the 1st hour, but not as much as 2 weeks ago (with 4 injections), and I'm starting to feel tired, which was expected.

I know how u feel. Nothing to worry about. The shots sting. I will not lie about that. I done all 4 in my legs 2 in each. The only reaction site problems I have is the one where I "pinched the skin" it brused so me. The other 3 spots I just pressed on the pen real good without pinching the skin, and the only mark I have is the needle mark.

Side effects so far is: headache, feel run down, bad abdominal pain, bloating, nausea.

It effects every one different. Nothing to worry about.

Ohhh nooo nausia!! The one i cant deal with!! Fingers crossed i dont feel that one... I was tried on Aza and 6mp before Christmas and had extreme sickness so really hope i dont get this on Humira!!

Really more of my food not moving. My ileum is so swelled up, making it hard to pass through. Im only eating one time a day. Drinking ensure breakfast and lunch. Hopefully the humira will kick in soon. Next step is surgery.

Ohhh nooo nausia!! The one i cant deal with!! Fingers crossed i dont feel that one... I was tried on Aza and 6mp before Christmas and had extreme sickness so really hope i dont get this on Humira!!
I had extreme nausia from aza and 6mp, but not with humira. I'm sure you will be alright :)

The only side effect with humira for me is 24 hours of feeling sleepy.

But I have a lot of muscles ache...It started last week and it's still not good today. I called the drugstore and they think it may be more related to the methotrexate than humira...

I'll have to call my Dr, monday about that.

Really more of my food not moving. My ileum is so swelled up, making it hard to pass through. Im only eating one time a day. Drinking ensure breakfast and lunch. Hopefully the humira will kick in soon. Next step is surgery.

Good luck with the bowel obstruction, I know how it is...
I had my 3rd surgery 3½ months ago for *another* bowel obstruction. This disease is very hard physiologically and psychologically. If you eat you feel bad and you have pain, if you don't you feel bad and weak. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

I hope humira will work for you, give it some times

Last edited: