• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Started Humira on Feb. 17th, wondering when it will start working...?

Hi
I'm Theresa. I joined the forum today after having Crohn's for 26 years. I usually deal with my disease pretty well. The usual response when I tell someone I have it is one of two: 1. what is that? or 2. you don't look sick.

I've been on numerous medications over the years and finally decided to try Humira. Been in a flare since last summer. Functioning and experiencing days of relief but no where near remission.

For the first time in my life the Crohn's is making me depressed. I usually do not let living with Crohn's upset me, but lately it is. I'm tired. 26 years and still no cure, nothing on the horizon. The idea of living out my life with this horrible disease is very depressing.

Very concerned of possible side effects from Humira, and wondering what others have experienced.

Hanging on a thread on Long Island, New York..............:sign0085:
Trisa

my little penguin

Staff member
Big hugs
Ds has been on humira for5 years this April
All drugs have listed side effects
But that doesn't mean you will all of them or even one of them

So far no issues with. Humira
Unlike like lower level drugs which gave him nausea fatigue
Rashes etc...
Humira is just a painful shot in the USat least until this summer