• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Started Remicade, new!

Hey Guys,

I just started remicade recently. I have UC.
My schedule is

Week 0
Week 2
Week 4

Im about to get my third infusion (week 4) thus far it has helped but not significantly. Things started really going bad on week 3 (one week before infusion #3) where all my smyptoms started coming back. After each infusion I have been better but not 100%. I would say 8/10 but it deteriorated. Are there options? Do you think Im jumping the gun and that infusion #3 can make a world of a difference? Or, is increasing the dosage and frequency something that would be possible? Im worried because if this doesnt work then I think I've exhausted all possibilites. I've tried Imuran, worked like a charm for 8 years but no longer works. I've always been dependant on steroids, hence the reason they put me on Imuran and well now since Imuran stopped working Ive started Remicade. Ive read great things about it but now Im worried.

Thanks guys for any help