• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting ALIGN and an Increase in Humira, QUESTIONS!

Well I have been curious about probiotics for a long time. I asked my doc about them today and he recommended that I try Align, which I am going to start tomorrow. So to those of you that are currently taking Align, or have in the past, or are taking any other probiotic, I have some questions. How long did it take for you to start to see improvement if any at all? What kind of symptoms did it help? And how long did it help you for, or how long has it been helping?

Also, I have been on Humira (1 shot every other week) for a few months now. I have not had any improvement. I asked my doc today if I could possibly try something else, like Cimzia (I am highly allergic to Remicade) and he said he first wants to increase my dose of Humira to one shot every week, which I have never heard of. So, just wondering if any of you have done this increase in Humira to one shot weekly, and if you have seen any improvement from the once every other week shot.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
mharvey90 said:
So, just wondering if any of you have done this increase in Humira to one shot weekly, and if you have seen any improvement from the once every other week shot.
My insurance wouldn't cover that dose because it was only FDA approved at that amount for RA. I know that some people on here have been able to get it approved though. I hope you get it covered and I hope it helps you out.

I have been taking two Humira pens a week, for the last month. My gastro hooked me up with the extra pens because the insurance would only cover 4 pens per month. I will be changing meds tomorrow though, as it is still not helping.

I take Florastor probiotic. It took about two weeks before I noticed a change. As for the Humira I dunno. I am awaiting approval currently to start it.

I'm still waiting on an approval for the increased humira dose. I have not noticed anything major from the probiotics yet, but it has not even been a week yet, so we'll see.

I have been using Align for about three months now and I've been on Humira for just over a year and actually noticed a bigger improvement since starting the Align in conjunction with the Humira as opposed to Humira alone. As for the Align, it took a few weeks before noticing any change.

it's been about a week and a half for me on the align so far. the one thing i've noticed is that i go to the bathroom more regularly, usually once a day. before i started align, i would go up to a week without going, then i would go 4-5 times a day, then would go another few days without going at all, etc etc. what types of symptoms have you all noticed that the align has helped to improve? thanks!

The big improvement for me was having more regular BM's. I'm pretty much daily unless I just eat something that does not agree with me, then I may skip a day at the longest now.