• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting Cimzia soon

and i'm sooo nervous and i'm not really sure why. I guess the thought of self-injecting myself makes me super nervous! I am getting my TB test done Monday and i'm in the process of trying to find someone who has the flu shot available. Besides that, we're just waiting on insurance to approve it!

it is normal to be nervous! :)

Honestly, I took Cimzia and i thought those shots didn't really hurt at all. the humira was painful, the medication stung really bad going into the skin. It went much smoother than the humira ones for me!

I will give you a pointer about the Cimzia though. The medication is a bit think, so you have to inject it fairly slowly. It won't let it go in very fast. just be patient and keep the syringe steady while putting the medicine in. It may seem like you are pushing the plunger but nothing is going in, but it will! like I said, its just a bit thicker!

Let us know how you do!

I'm glad the hear the shots aren't too painful.

Thanks for the tip on injecting slowly. I'll probably have someone else do the first few shots because I don't think I can handle that just yet but i'm hoping after the first few, i'll be able to do them myself!

My Cimzia will be here Tuesday! I had a $55 co pay but they set me up for the copay card so I don't have to pay ANYTHING! That's super exciting!! Thankfully, they are setting me up with a home health nurse to teach me how to do the injections. I plan on having my husband video tape her doing it so I can always refer back to it....

I'm starting to get a little nervous.... this is REALLY happning! I'm glad it is though bc I went to the movies last night and was have some abdominal pain and today i've had some D so I def. think it's time to get a little more aggressive!

I need to call my GI monday and see if he wants me to stop my Pentasa once I start the Cimzia.... I hope so! The Pentasa has a $70 and I dread taking 8 pills a day on top of my Calcium an Vitamin D!

I start my cimzia next week and im super nervous also! Can u let me know how it went and maybe some pointers? I currently take pentasa @ 8 pills a day....did u get to quit that right away?

Let the Cimzia sit for about 30 mins outside of the refrigerator. I had a home nurse do mine and she had me take out before she arrived.

We then sat and chatted for about 20 mins while she shook and mixed it, in the hopes it would thin out a bit.

Did not hurt nearly as bad as Humira.

Definitely let it sit out for thirty minutes before injecting. Take your time, as was said previously, the solution is thick. Also, ALWAYS inspect each syringe before injecting. I'm glad I remembered my nurse telling me this. Almost a year into Cimzia, I received a syringe that was cracked inside and the solution didn't move when I flipped it upside down. So I had to call the drug company and they told me NOT to use it. And don't freak out if you see a little leak out at the injection site, it happened to me every time.

I start soon too and I've been on humira 6 months. I can't imagine anything hurting like humira! I can't wait to try cimzia and see if it hurts less ;) have a Buddy to help you every time you inject if you can. It helps to have someone to vent to who understands

Yea I will have someone give.them to me, dont think I can! Havent gotten them yet but it wont be long now! I just hope it works! Cant wait to feel better...