• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting Humira next week

I am nervous about starting Humira next week. ( my choice over Remicade). I DESPISE needles, and thought I would do better with an injectable over IV's, but I am having second thoughts about the amount of pain that people have from the humira injection.:(
Is is crazy to consider IV Remicade instead, and would dr consider a mediport or am I being a big baby? I have tiny veins, and ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS with IV's.

I am really, really dreading this, but have been on 4000mg Pentasa since January and still have inflammatory strictures...also. On Imuran and Pred.

Also any suggestions for mild anxiety? :ghug:

Sasha, Welcome.

Humira is a good med.I have been on it for over a year.The pain from the injections is just momentary.I have found that if I let the pen warm up for an hour. If I do that it is much less painful.

I was same way when i started cimzia which is kinda the same.....believe it or not u will do just fine...my wife was shocked how easy i did with it...i have been on cimzia for 3 months and will also be starting Humira next week (hopefully)...due to the cimzia not working with me...