• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting Humira Today

Tony H

Hi , been approved for humira and getting my loading dose in under an hour , really nervous , hope all goes well .

Tony H

got the jabs earlier and it was quick and easy , very little pain or discomfort , the nurse said to me when she was leaving ''welcome to the first day of your new life '' , really hope it turns out that way as the last six months have been really crappy .

Tony H

3 days on from my loading dose of humira and I don't know if its coincidence but my joint pain has lessened considerably and my cramps and bm's have reduced as well .

Just got my first 4 today...glad to finally know how it feels like...hope all will go better from now too :)

Tony H

Its been over a week since my loading doses of humira and still going well , the joint pain is still there but the pain is much less , I have been able to get out a lot more as well so that improver the mood as well , the bm's are way less as well , only 2 or 3 max a day and the gut pain is a lot less as well , next wednesday is the next dose so heres hoping for more of the same .

Tony H

I took my 7th shot yesterday , bm's very good , once or twice a day , joint pain getting worse again .

I took my 7th shot yesterday , bm's very good , once or twice a day , joint pain getting worse again .
Oh boy i must be lucky when it comes to side effects...havent had any joint pain so far, feel though that im much less tired than bfore so thats nice :)

Tony H

Took my 8th shot last Wednesday , feeling good apart from the joint pain in my hands and feet , hopefully the humira will get to these eventually , :eek: , my general health seems to be getting better as well , have more energy and seem to be getting out and about a lot more without having to play for potty breaks .

If I recall, Joint pain will go away if you stick through it for at least 16 weeks. I know thats a tall order. But you have to give it this timeframe to gauge the effectiveness of this drug. Hope all goes well with the BM's.

Tony H

Thanks for that Scary man , bm's are good and the joint pain while bad still allow me to get out and about which makes all the difference ,even the dog is getting walked more as well 🐶

Good luck. I've been taking it for 2 years. It can be EXTREMELY painful. Some suggestions;
The syringe, injected very slowly hurts the least. Since I can't handle seeing needles going into me without fainting, I use the epipen. After some serious pain I figured out how to manage it better.
1 Warm up to BLOOD HEAT not room temp. I put it in my bra fro 45 minutes.
2 Warm the chosen spot with a heat pack for 5 to 10 minutes.

This gets the ouch factor down to blood test level.

Thank you for coming back to repost, my son is about to start and I'm afraid for what he might experience.

Do you have any immediate effects right after your injection, like flu like symptoms for a few days after? My wife had read that and I think is coming to the conclusion that that's how everyone is.

Tony H

Hi Micro byte after the flu and pneumonia jabs I was a little tired but nothing drastic , the humira pens (which I take ) are no problem to take ,they are no worse than a pinch , I leave the pen out for an hour or so beforehand and it's much better , there's a few vids on YouTube showing people taking the shots with no problem .Ask any questions any time .

Thanks for the reply, I guess what I meant was that after you have the injection, do you feel sick (flu like symptoms) in the following days?