• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting LDN -A Few Questions

Does anyone know how long one is to stay on LDN if they are having positive results? Is it years?

How many have had therapeutic results on 3 mg instead of the max 4.5mg?

I'm starting at 1.5mg for one month. Is it best to increase by .5mg for a month until achieving one's therapeutic dose or is that too slow?

Has anyone been able to stay off of other meds ( I'm taking Pentasa along with it) and use only LDN?

Any other comments appreciated!

nogutsnoglory

Seemed to make me worse so I stopped but if it works I'd stay on indefinitely. You may find it therapeutic at 3mg and I think it is good to up slowly. Some have been able to put off other meds but it seems most eventually do need other meds in addition.

You stay on it I
Indefinitly. It has many health benefits. My daughter is on 3.5mg that worked for her for two years then stopped we went up to 4.5 but it did not bring her back to remission. She is back down to the 3.5 and will stay on that along with her other meds.

You stay on it I
Indefinitly. It has many health benefits. My daughter is on 3.5mg that worked for her for two years then stopped we went up to 4.5 but it did not bring her back to remission. She is back down to the 3.5 and will stay on that along with her other meds.
What dose did your daughter start at and at what increments did you increase it? It sounds like it was working until another disease entity presented itself. Thanks for the positive comments.

Just a quick update. 2 weeks on LDN at 1.5 mg and I am feeling really good. In another 2 weeks I'll go up to 2.0mg where I'm hoping will be my therapeutic dose. So glad my GI took a chance with me. I'm his only patient on it and I think he is very surprised how well I've responded.