• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting LDN today 5/24/2011

Hello everyone. I finally got my prescription for LDN today, and I'll be beginning it tonight.
I'm going to keep a weekly journal and let you guys know how I feel through various weeks. I would do daily, but I have summer classes soon and I'll be really busy. Wish me luck!

Good Luck!! :thumright:

I am about 7.5 weeks into my LDN. Fingers Crossed. I look forward to hearing about your response.

Are you ramping the dose? 1.5-3-4.5mg? Or just jumping to 4.5? (I ramped)

Where did you get the script compounded? I went local after verifying that it was not slow release Naltrexone and a correct filler.

Thanks JJOM! I just went straight to 4.5, the doctor said that would be fine. I went to Irmat Pharmacy in NYC and told them to use the right fillers and such. How are you feeling after 7.5 weeks?

It is hard to say. I had a set-back about 2 weeks ago (due to mental and physical stresses).

Even with that, I can honestly say that I feel that there has been some improvement from the LDN. I am just hopeful for more as I am still in a not-so-great place.

So far, each time I upped the dose (1.5,3.0,4.5) I could 'tell' ever so slightly (my Crohn's areas would tingle). Also, my mornings have been a little better too.

Good Luck! I've been on LDN for two and a half years, best thing I ever did!

Miss
That is great to here Miss.

Could you tell us how the LDN process worked for you? Like when you started improving, how long the process took, any set backs etc. etc.?

Thanks!

When I started LDN, I was also using MMS at the time to clear up some gut bacteria issues. I wouldn't recommend doing that though, I was under supervision with it and feel it helped tremendously. It probably took three to six months until I got to the point where I've had basically no issues. I was bleeding profusely with five to ten bm's daily when I went on LDN. Now I have one or two solid movements with no bleeding for the past two years.

Miss

New Naltrexone study

A new study just came out a few weeks ago & can be found at Pain-Topics dot org. I'm new to the forum & can't post urls yet. But if you do a google search on "Low dose Naltrexone for Chrohn's disease pain topics" it will be the 2nd hit.

The study was a followup to a smaller trial but is still a fairly small trial. None the less, it showed positive results after 12 weeks. Hopefully there will be larger follow-ups & peer review trials.