• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting Remicade

Hello all,

Just joined the forum and thought I would share my story, hopefully it won't bore anyone too much =). Back in 2009 I was diagnosed with Indeterminate colitis, and put on Prednisone and Asacol, shortly after I started taking a probiotic called VSL, which between that and possibly excercise and following a paleo diet (to lose weight) I ended up being in at least clinical remission for about 6-7 years, and all pretty much forgot about this "colitis thing". Fast forward to 2015 started having some mild issues. Summer of 2016 hit me hard visited hospitals multiple times got diagnosed with Illeocolonic Crohns. Put on Prednisone and then Asacol for about a year, still had issues pains. Been on Miralax (2 caps a day) pretty much for the past 6 months tried the Dicyclomine (the doctors thought IBS went along with Crohns). Tried all the natural remedies, probiotics/SCD/juicing, nothing seemed to do much. Anyway last colonosopy in December showed moderate active disease throughout the colon and some ileum, with an SESCD score of 20. Since then I have been put on Prednisone again, (which seems to have worn off its effectiveness) and just started Remicade hoping I will have some luck with that. Anyway thats my story. Thanks for reading. Question out of curiosity, do any other Crohnies get chest pain related to the colon? As in when moving/taking deep breaths? I've always wondered about that but my doctor seems to brush it off.