• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Staying hydrated during a flare

Hello - I'm in the middle of an awful Crohn's flare and waiting to start Entyvio (which looks like I have another 30+ days for approval from insurance). I work full time and find that even though I'm doing a low residue diet, all the running to the bathroom is dehydrating me badly. Water isn't getting me back on track.

My question is, what does everyone turn to to stay hydrated without worsening their flare? Sugars seem to really bother me. Gatorade? Coconut water? Anything else? Thanks in advance!

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi.

Sports drinks can be an issue. I use pedialyte because it absorbs very quickly into the system. Its not cheap but it works.

I am going to say coconut water. I have tried many and the one that felt best to me is Harmless Harvest 100% pure and raw. It had a great taste too.
Also there are recipes online for making electrolyte water, check it out. They might help.

hope you feel better