• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stelara and Entyvio?

I put this on the Entyvio board, but thought I would try here too. Anyone take Entyvio and Stelara at the same time? It is my next (last stop) before surgery. Have been doing Humira and Entyvio for a while, but dropping the Humira.

Sorry, wish I could advise you. Entyvio worked 1/2 the time until it didn't. Hope it all works out and someone can give you some insite, that's the best thing about this site.

Thanks GI Jane. Not terribly common to take two biologics at once, and less so to combine Stelara with another, but my doctor is indulging my wish to try and stave off an ostomy.

Just enduring the washout period from Humira and getting insurance approval before I can start the Stelara, which I have been on before. I'm not really convinced the Entyvio is doing much but I don't have any side effects from it, and out of options at this point, so might as well stay on it, I guess.

My doc told me she couldn't give me two biologics at once so I'm surprised you've been given approval.

I hope you don't need the surgery. Best of luck.

I just heard from my insurance yesterday that they are approving the Stelara.

It is not common to be on two, but I have been on Humira and Entyvio for about a year now and am now dropping the Humira in favour of Stelara, still with the Entyvio.

I put this on the Entyvio board, but thought I would try here too. Anyone take Entyvio and Stelara at the same time? It is my next (last stop) before surgery. Have been doing Humira and Entyvio for a while, but dropping the Humira.
Hi igpcarter,
Sounds a great idea to me to combine more biologics.
For me for example entyvio was great to keep my hemoglobin high compare to humira... but it failed as inflammation is still going on in my small bowel...
why is it your last chance before surgery, and why docs are trying it now?

Thanks for your interest! I have tried and failed pretty much every medication out there. I have actually been on Stelara before, but doc is willing to let me try again to see if it will work in combination with Entyvio. I stopped it last time before surgery due to obstructions, but they were more related to scarring than inflammation.

Last resort because nothing is working to keep things under control - pesky fistulas and perianal disease are awful and causing incontinence. I've been fighting an ostomy for a while now, but it is coming to a point where I think it would improve my quality of life.