• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stelara and UTIs

Was wondering if anyone has experienced frequent uti's while on stelara. I feel like I always have one ever since I started the medication. Looking back, I'm thinking that I may have had problems while on humira but not cimzia. The infections are super super painful and it would be nice to know the reason for them. Thanks

Yes, increased UTI's are a side effect according to my Dr. They are awful. I have found that drinking twice as much water as I would have helped to keep that under control.

Was wondering if anyone has experienced frequent uti's while on stelara. I feel like I always have one ever since I started the medication. Looking back, I'm thinking that I may have had problems while on humira but not cimzia. The infections are super super painful and it would be nice to know the reason for them. Thanks

I am a female who has also experienced UTIs while on Remicade & (now) Stelara. However, I have found that (apart from the obvious consumption of 6 cups of water minimum per day) I never come down with a UTI anymore if I wipe extremely well with either a baby wipe or water on toilet paper after every urination. Always wipe downwards in the area so as not to push the pee bugs into the urethra. Using this method has kept me UTI free ever since! Hope this helps : )