• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stelara Experiences

Hi all,

I'm possibly, maybe about to start Stelara if the local funding is agreed. Can anyone share their experiences of being on it? I have a lovely, plush leaflet but it's not the same as everyone chipping in with their experiences.

Many thanks

Tom

Hi all,

I'm possibly, maybe about to start Stelara if the local funding is agreed. Can anyone share their experiences of being on it? I have a lovely, plush leaflet but it's not the same as everyone chipping in with their experiences.

Many thanks

Tom
Hey Tom. I am on Stelara and have been for the last year. I started it after ending up in the hospital last September due to a partial obstruction. I have been feeling pretty good on Stelara to be honest. It is the first biologic that I have taken that has worked and not caused severe side effects. So, I like that. The only thing I really notice is that I get really tired/fatigued for a bit after the injection. But, that is mild compared to what I had with the other biologics.

I hope that things get approved and moving for you. The process for me took a while and was frustrating, but that was last year right when the drug was FDA approved and that complicated things. It should be easier now, at least I would hope.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help.

Leslie