• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stelara Fatigue and Increased Dosing :(

I had my regular appointment with my GI this week and he wants to up my dose of Stelara from every 8 weeks to every 4 weeks. He wants to do this because about two months ago I ended up in the ER with a partial blockage. The weird thing is that the partial blockage seemed to come from nowhere. I was feeling great and then BOOM and then since then I have been feeling fine. I understand the idea of preventing these blockages, but I am worried about the fatigue that might come out of this dosing change.

I just had my shot last Saturday (after 8 weeks) and I have been napping almost daily to cope with this. I usually get fatigued/exhausted for a full week or two. I have been on Stelara since February of this year. So if I get a dose every 4 weeks will I be tired even more? Does anyone have experience with Stelara every 4 weeks? I am worried about quality of life/fatigue at this timing (4 weeks). I am wondering if I should discuss trying every 6 weeks first. Especially since I have been feeling fine since the ER visit. I cannot deal with sleeping my life away...

Have been on Stelara every 4 weeks since October and fatigue is not much worse. I had another episode (partial obstruction) in November. However, I have been doing better in the last few weeks. I am scared to eat any raw fruits/veggies, but believe my gut is doing better.

I have labs tomorrow for general info/anemia issues. I am hoping to be great. Fingers crossed.