• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stelara trial – any advice?

Stelara trial – any advice?

I've taken infliximab for a few years but in the past 12 months I've been getting flare ups.
It's got to the stage where I find it hard to leave the house.

Stool tests show some continuous inflammation but nothing severe like bleeding.
Steroids and dietary changes haven't helped.

My doctors finally suggested Stelara. The drug doesn't seem to be wildly prescribed in the UK.
My other option is to double my infliximab, however I already have good levels of the drug.

I would appreciate it if anyone can share their experience of Stelara (good or bad). Do you think it could work for me?

Welcome. Everyone responds to medicines differently. Personally, Stelara didn't help with the Ctohn"s Disease. It might work for you. I would give it a try and see. It wish you the best.

I'm due for my 3rd stelara injection on May 2nd I'm getting it every 8 weeks. I'm not sure I can say it worked great for me but now that I am due for my next dose I do feel that I could already use it.

I'm due for my 3rd stelara injection on May 2nd I'm getting it every 8 weeks. I'm not sure I can say it worked great for me but now that I am due for my next dose I do feel that I could already use it.
How did you start on Sterlara? It seems to be unavailable in many countries for Crohns.