• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stem Cell Therapies for Celiac Disease and IBD Now Offered in the United States

valleysangel92

Staff member
Sounds like it could be great for IBD if it heals damaged tissue without the need for surgery, but I don't see what would be achieved by using it for coeliac apart from in severe cases where there is severe damage causing immediate danger.. Surely the patient would still have to use a gluten free diet to stop damage reoccurring.. Which can start to repair damage within weeks.

Thankyou for sharing :)

nogutsnoglory

Interesting but the 30 day detox makes me skeptical. I also thought one can get stem cells without liposuction. The patient "Andrew" went from 20 BM's to 5 which is a great improving but 5 is still not normal so it leads me to believe he is not in full remission.

I also dislike that the company calls crohn's and colitis irritable bowel disease. I would want any place I'm having an invasive procedure to know it's called inflammatory bowel disease.

valleysangel92

Staff member
Just adding, I didn't like the focus on D, yes it is a major symptom for a lot of people but not everyone and there's little focus on the other physical and mental affects of IBD which seems pretty common place, I would think a treatment company would show a better understanding..