• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

STERIODS...Again...YUCK!!!

I haven't been on in a while. getting some personal things in my life in order. But I've been experiencing a lot of belly trouble lately. It's been 10 years since I last took steriods.
I am so down that I have to resort to these terrible, yucky tasting, little white pills again.
I will be homeschooling my daughter this year and I know I won't be able to do it the way I amfeeling lately.
I just really HATE the side effects of steriods!
Sorry for the rant.

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Boo, so sorry you've joined the steroids club, Molly. Hope that they work for you and that you start finding relief before the start of your daughter's school year. My pred Rx was just upped again yesterday after a weekend and Monday of skyrocketing pain (boo again).

Astra

Hiya Molly

no it's not good, but it works! you must have some inflammation there, so hopefully the Pred will calm it down in time for homeschooling!
take care, feel better soon
xxxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Ha, move over Molly, I am right with ya. On 25.5 mg and a short taper. Yeah you get whizzy but muscles ache and can't sleep with a crap at night. Make sure you take Magnesium citrate, and folic acid 1mg a day, your calcium and Vitamin D3 is very crucial at this point. Pred robs your bones of everything. Most people also go on nexium too which I have to due to so my pred on and off, got a Hiatus hernia. Nexium, another bone robber. Remember the commercials for Tums with Calcium??? It was a hidden message, but they dont tell you you have to have it.

I know you are homeschooling but I would think for yourself to put her in school if you can, and if it dont work out...you can always bring her home. YOU need time for YOU....remember that, and if that sounds selfish, well....tough beans, do yourself a favour ok? Hugs.

Penny

(welcome back again)

...these terrible, yucky tasting, little white pills...
That's an understatement.

Yea, I've been on 30mg for 3 weeks now and have been experiencing Diarrhea since yesterday. Don't know if it was something I ate (been trying to stay away from foods that give me diarrhea), or if it's because I've been on & off prednisone for so long that now it's not having the same beneficial affect any more. Hopefully the diarrhea will stop by tomorrow, which would mean it was just the food I ate.

Wait until those mood swings kick in. I broke my cell phone the other day because of a mood swing triggered by a bill collector. -_-"

I hear you as well. I'm down to 15 mg. I am feeling pretty good, but am starting to get massive constipation. I think I like diarrhea better :(