• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Still having symptoms but dr is saying i am in remission

Hello i have been suffering from crohns since i was thirteen years old i am now 31 I have been in and out of the hospital a lot with many illness due to having crohns. I have fone stetoids Remicadee infusions the Humira and am now on entivyo which works until i am due for another infusion what are some things i can due to help with flare ups

Are you on steroids right now? If not, you could ask him to put you on steroids along with whatever biologic you are on? Have you done a food diary to see what foods aggravate your gut.

my little penguin

Staff member
Exclusive enteral nutrition ( formula only no foods )
Has been found to be as effective as steriods in reducing inflammation
We did this with Ds when he was in "remission" but feeling horrid
Then added one food at a time back flowing the crohns exclusive diet
Definitely helped with symptoms

Good luck

Is it possible you are lucky like me and also have IBS as well as IBD, funny story- 10 years into my care a Dr explains this to me and now I truly understand that both are different but so similar, I say IBD can kill you and IBS makes you wish you were dead...
GOOD NEWS... my doctor put me on ALIGN- probiotic, OTC , for the IBS, it is expensive and no other one works the same-wow, within a week I was feeling full remission I had been missing ....hope this helps, maybe you should ask sometimes they just assume we already know....

Is it possible you are lucky like me and also have IBS as well as IBD, funny story- 10 years into my care a Dr explains this to me and now I truly understand that both are different but so similar, I say IBD can kill you and IBS makes you wish you were dead...
GOOD NEWS... my doctor put me on ALIGN- probiotic, OTC , for the IBS, it is expensive and no other one works the same-wow, within a week I was feeling full remission I had been missing ....hope this helps, maybe you should ask sometimes they just assume we already know....
Glad about the Align.

I just got on Align myself after my GP gave me two boxes of samples (7 pills each). I started taking it Friday night and I actually think it's cleaning me out or something because I got really bad diarrhea last night with mucus. Hopefully, it doesn't last. Did you have the same problem?

sometimws strong probiotics can cause a bacterial die off which would cause D and mucus. If it keeps up for more than three days or so I'd check with the doc