• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Still reeling from diagnosis but feel optimistic.

Hello everyone. I recently had two trips to the ER. The first was because I had what I believe to be a panic attack, odd tingling in fingers and heart racing etc. Everything checked out heart wise and I'm still keeping tabs on it just because of family history. However, shortly after being released I noticed diarrhea, cramping, lack of appetite, gurgling, etc. After being somewhat dismissed by my GP, I went back to ER with stomach pain on 12/12/12.
CT scan showed some inflammation of about 10 cm in the terminal ileum. I followed up with GP today and am going to GI asap to confirm Crohn's.
I am lucky to have very minor symptoms at the moment and hopefully can keep it that way. I recently purchased The First Year: Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed, and have to say this book has helped me understand quite a bit about what's going on with me.
I'm just glad I live in the age I do where I can come and read other peoples' stories and experiences.

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum!

I have a few questions for you. Have you been officially diagnosed? Have you had blood tests or a colonoscopy done? How often do you feel symptoms? Do you have an appointment with your GI? Sorry for the interrogation, but the more we know about you the more we can relate and share experiences. :)

I hope things go well for you!

No worries, I don't mind questions. I have yet to be officially diagnosed and have only had a CT scan that showed some inflammation. Ultrasound to make sure gallbladder was okay and blood work from ER came back okay. Had a stool sample that came back fine as well. As far as symptoms, it comes and goes. Mainly a dull pain on left side with diarrhea and fatigue. I am going in soon to GI doc to hopefully get colonoscopy , etc to confirm.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I am sorry to hear you are feeling unwell at the moment, I hope you can get some answers and an official diagnosis soon. Do you have an appt date yet with the GI? Do you notice any improvement in symptoms depending on what you eat?

AB
xx

Sorry for delay of response, been busy at work.
I haven't gotten official date for GI yet but my GP signed and faxed referral, so hopefully I'll hear something soon. And yes, I've noticed a significant difference by eating low fat/low fiber lately. Quite a few symptoms have gone away or been reduced dramatically just by that alone. Hoping I can get this all sorted out and focus on treatment pretty soon.

Angrybird

Low fat/low fibre foods have always been something I have been told to try and stick to and I am glad to hear that this has helped you a little. Please keep us updated on how you get on.