• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Still waiting to start!

I have boxes and boxes of elemental 028 extra all ready to go in my front room.

Yesterday I went for my flex-sig to confirm that the disease is still active; that Aza and Pred haven't put me into remission.

Guess what? No inflammation found. I'm still on 15mg Pred so it could flare up again as I come down but for now at least everything is peachy.

I have learned one thing already though. For me at least 2mg/kg of Aza didn't work. Upping it a little seems to have made a difference, even though my GI told me it wouldn't. So, before writing it off give it at least 12 weeks and consider going up a little (not above 2.5mg/kg). I'm no doctor though so this would need to be discussed with one!!

Anyway, I'm still waiting to see what happens. I hope I stay in remission. If I do I'll use a dietary treatment for my next flare up.

P