• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stinging/Burning sensation "down there"

Carrie630

The Prettiest Princess
I have a few uncomfortable things happening down below. First, it feels like I have cuts between vagina and anus and around my anus. Also, my anus is all swollen although I think those are hemorrhoids. And there is this crusty feeling bump above my anus. I can't see it of course, and I've showered it's definitely some kind of issue and not something stuck on me. I guess what I'm wondering is if I should make an appt to see the doctor now or wait until my colonoscopy on August 30th.

Go with helen, get an appointment.

Could be fissuring, or fistulizing. I've never heard of the crusty bump you're talking about though... Is it like a scab? Have you looked at it with a mirror?

Carrie630

The Prettiest Princess
Helen, It's sore, you're probably right. I just wish I didn't have a newish GP. I'm not used to him looking at my butt!! As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he never has looked at it. He's only ever asked me about it, taken notes, and sent me for tests.

Ben, I'm not coordinated enough to look at it with a mirror nor do I have enough arms. :) It's way in there. It feels crusty, it may not be. I tried a million different angles to see it, no luck. I may see if I can get a picture of it though.

Carrie630

The Prettiest Princess
I got a picture. It's not crusty, I have no idea why it felt like that. It looks like a little pair of lips just about at 12 o'clock.

It might be skin tags, hun. Could be time for your GP to meet your butt -lol. Who is doing the colonoscopy? If it's your GI, I would give him/her a call.

Carrie630

The Prettiest Princess
My GI is doing my colonoscopy so maybe I'll call him first. I'm dying laughing thinking about actually introducing my doctor to my butt. (Hello Dr, please meet my butt! She doesn't have a name yet, but we've been tossing a few around.)

I'm not sure if its skin tags, its higher than that. Helen, if you are curious you can see a picture in my private album. I'm pretty sure I just gave you access. To be honest, it looks a lot nicer down there then I expected it to!

Lol, I was expecting something much more gory!! Ok, I'm not a doc. But if it's the higher up pic, it could be a fistula and it may have felt crusty before your shower cos it's leaking. Can you live with it til you see the GI?

Carrie630

The Prettiest Princess
To be honest, I thought it was going to look worse than it did too :) It's kind of sore, but that's nothing compared to everything else that goes on. I'm sure I can live with it til I see the GI. It's only a couple more weeks. The main reason why I asked about it is because I'm leaving Friday on a business trip, and I'll be away from my doctors for about a week. I know that thing has been there for at least a week probably more, but I just figured I had a zit or something. It didn't occur to me that it could be a fistula until I started reading about them here. I guess I expected them to generally be inside the body so didn't think about it.

I've honestly never heard of anything that "looks like a little pair of lips" related to the butt... haha.

But the soreness, and (maybe or maybe not) crustiness could mean a fistula, like Helen mentioned.

If it's bothering you, try a bath in epsom salts, or a sitz bath with epsom salts... (It's like, a little seat you put on the toilet that only bathes your privates, and your bum. Great little thing!)

Good luck on your business trip!

Carrie630

The Prettiest Princess
I'm looking at sitz baths online. Is the basin really that comfortable to sit on or do you put it under the toilet seat?

Well, some you can put the toilet seat down, and some have a raised lip near the back. I'd really read the product descriptions. You can usually get them at your local drug store. It may look like your butt won't fit (not to sound offensive haha) because the hole is kinda small, but everything that needs to get soaked does.

They aren't really THAT comfortable, I'll be honest. I prefer just a regular bath with lots of epsom salts.