• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stoma 'belly bands' where do you get yours?

I have been using the same 4 belly bands for the last 2 years. They were purchased online from ostomysecrets. That is, of course when they shipped to Australia. They are now dying from use, and I really need to replace them, but alas I can not get them shipped to Aus anymore. I thought I had a solution, I spilled the beans and told an old friend all about my illness/Stoma/ need to get a product. She happily agreed to let me use her address and then she would ship my order over to me. Well, I placed my order with much relief, picking a few extra pieces that I had not tried before (their underpants), imputed my friends address, then went to process my payment, and what happens, I get a message that Billing Address does not match credit card address! Man. Now I am back to square 1 and in desperate need of some new belly bands!

What do you use, where do you get them, and do they work ok?:duh:

I got some inexpensive ones from Amazon.com. They are marketed for pregnant women, but are the same as anything else. Let me see if I can find the link.

I have a generic maternity band from Walmart, but the ones made for ostomates (Ostomysecret or Awestomy! brand) are much better in my opinion. They are higher quality and the pockets to hold your pouch means the pouch won't peek from the bottom of the wrap.

Sent from my SM-N910U

Like Grotbags I use the comfizz ones. The ones with the silicon strip are a lot better, I wear them every day so have to get a new one every few months but they are good value for money at around £10 each. you can also get shallow/deeper ones depending on your preference

I found a new use for the belly bands today, keeping your trousers up.
I got a pair of maternity trousers in the Gap sale, but they only had them in a 14, too big, but I got them anyway.
I did use braces to keep them up, but that's a right faff, and looks a bit odd in the boobage area if you have them on under a jumper.
So I tried the belly band with silicone, and it works perfectly :thumleft:

Nyx

I guess I'm the only one who lets it all hang out :) I just wear my granny panties over my bag and that seems to keep everything in place....lol

I guess I'm the only one who lets it all hang out :) I just wear my granny panties over my bag and that seems to keep everything in place....lol
I have my bag flapping in the breeze! Outside jeans and covered by long shirt. I bought the belly bands, but only used them a couple of times.