• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stomach Involvement

Inflammation of the stomach?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
Have you been found to have inflammation in your stomach?

Bonus details: What did they find in the biopsies?

Trysha

Staff member
stomach inflammation

Colt said:

hello Colt,
At endoscopy end of September this year results showed a lot of inflammation of the stomach and three duodenal ulcers.
I was prescribed Nexium 40mg once daily for 30 days.
Within a week the pain had resolved and i felt very much better,
The last two weeks however I have been getting symptoms back,pain and nausea invade my sleep and waking day,
Tomorrow Dec 7th is follow up day with the GI.
Then I will get to hear the results of all the biopsies he took, quite a lot-----and I could fell him cutting them, not a very pleasant experience. I had conscious sedation, he did not want to go deeper since I had a reaction when he sedated me previously for the colonoscopy., which showed crohn's in the descending colon.
Will let you know results after tomorrow.
Not looking foward to the appointment though.
annsplash

Trysha

Staff member
inflammation

Colt said:

Colt,
Sorry you are depressed and hope you will soon feel better.
Lots of hugs11
annsplash

Trysha

Staff member
Colt
Today I had results of stomach and duodenal biopsies.
There is a lot of inflammation and also Helicobacter pylori was found.
I have to be treated with Losec, Amoxacillin and Metronidazole for two weeks.
Then in February have to have the breath test--- and two weeks after in March see the GI again for review and follow up..
If I had been able to take Clarithromycin the treatment would have been for one week only, but since I had a previous reaction with this drug have to have the amoxacillin instead.
The double contrast cat scan did not show any reason for the mass in my left side andthe GI said this is because it is not important. A little disconcerting to hear this
since there is a high incidence of cancer in the family.Hope He is right in his judgements.Ultrasounds x2 and colonoscopy have not shown any reason for a mass either.So I suppose I have to accept it.
Hope you are feeling better
annsplash