• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stool passing after surgery

2 weeks ago I had a seton surgery where 3 setons were placed and abscesses were drained.

Now 2 weeks later, after I go to the bathroom stool keeps coming out of one if the fistula or abscess. Is this normal? My colo rectal looked at it 2 days ago and said everything looks good, but I developed this new issue last night.

Hi sorry you are going through this bloody fistula I have therm as well but don't have stool coming out instead I have blood coming after BM . Can I ask how is your stools? And are you following any diet . Simo

Hi, how are you getting on? Are you still having issues with leaking through the fistula? Sorry, I've never had setons so can't advise, but if it's a new issue, I think I would try to speak to the surgeon or GI about it.

Started humira yesterday and fistulas are leaking stool since the day of surgery. Sometimes its a huge clump that comes out. Told all this to my doctor, but apparently its normal. Hoping humira clears it up soon, not sure how long before any improvement.