• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Strange Pains

Hi guys,

Can any of you shed some light on these pains I'm having?

They started on Tuesday. Different from my normal pains, which is like a constant ache, that gets worse when I need the toilet. The new pain feels more like a stitch, sharp pains when I breathe in, I'm walking bent over, like stabbing pains. I'm fine sitting down, but that's it. My bms have become very liquid as well, and I've had a migraine everyday since tuesday. Got another starting just now :(

I'm on 100mg azathioprine, down to 10mg pred. I was at the doctors earlier for vaginal swabs for a suspected rectovaginal fistula so I don't know if its that causing the pain. It doesn't feel as though its in my bowel more in lady bits, mostly at left hand side.

I'm scared :(

When I would have an ovarian cyst I would get pains like that..I also have pains on the left from my Crohns. But sharp stabbing pains were from my cyst. My Crohns pain was different for me because my back and legs would hurt also.
Its so hard trying to figure out what it could be!!! I eventually had a full hysterectomy so now I know that all my pains are pretty much from Crohns!

I'm actually in so much pain :( lying in bed right now so its ok but when I have to get up to go to the toilet I am actually doubled over, its so sore. Hoping it'll be away when I wake up tomorrow, I can't go to work like this

nogutsnoglory

I'm sorry you are in so much pain. It's not unusual for pain to get worse after the bathroom, think about it, your inflamed insides are tightened up when you go even with liquid stools.

I really dont think now that these pains are anything to do with my crohns actually. Its not related to going to the toilet at all, doesnt ease when I have a BM or anything. Its just there constant, shooting pains when I breathe in or anytime at all I move!! The headache was still there when I woke up this morning, even though I'd taken my migraine tablets and slept with a cold wet towel on my head all night. Its eased off now thankfully so I've made it to work, sitting at my desk now though scared to move.

I hate all this rubbish, I want my life back!!!