• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Strange results sort of...

I had some results back that I think my doctor is a little confused about. I went to hospital with some problems that ended up being blood related (very thin blood and enimic). It turned out to be vitamin A,E D and K deficiency that lead to very thin blood and also the blood not staying stable when it was made. So after transfusions and vitamin injections I have had more tests. The results are:

Hb is normal now
Albumin 34
Faecal cal 486
Faecal elastase 15
Coeliac serology (boderline of normal/abnormal)
Bowel permeability test (ok)
Vitamins D Very low
vitamin A and E Low

Thus I am seeing him on thursday to discuss this all. Scared my Crohn's has developed into somthing else. However I have not been able to tolerate fats since I was 16 (24 years ago).

Well after months of non stop D I have tried gluten free from yesterday and it stopped the tap. Tummy is so much more normal. Will give an update tommorrow after appointment.

HD