• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stress and Ulcerative Colitis

R

ruthymg

Like your link. To be honest though, doctors who say IBD's are not exacerbated by stress are talking out of their bums (quite literally), I know that everytime I have had a flare up, it has been brought on by stress. You know you're stressed and you know that stressing is gonna make your symptoms worse, so you then stress about that, its a viscious circle. I have been in a flare up for 12 months now and I have just been put on anti depressants. I have never taken them before in my life, but I have to say, I feel a lot more chilled and recently my symptoms haven't been as bad. Unless a person actually has an IBD they aren't really in a position to say stress doesn't make you feel worse, unless they've heard that directly from the horses mouth. Really p****s me off when I hear people making stupid comments like that. Rant over. Well done for finding that article, it is a good read.

Ruth

S

Skinsfan1229

I've finally got my dr's realizing that I flare when I flare, at first they acted like it wasnt the case, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.