• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stressed out any thoughts on how to relax

Hello everybody,

I'm having some serious problems with my GF at home.

I'm stressed out and I cannot fix the problem my gf has to pick herself up and make changes. So I have this stress ball in my stomach and I can,t seem to get rid of it. Hot showers sleep, everything I try does not seem to help.

I don't want to have to much stress for long periods because it effects this plague. I'm feeling good right now on remi and I do not want to spoil it.

Any suggestions?

Hi Moogie,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems :-(

The only thing I could suggest is to try and lose yourself in a good book for a few hours, at least this should take your mind off things for a bit :) x

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
What works for me is a brisk walk outside, and yes the colder the better and breathe the fresh air , it always works for me. I always watch comedies too, laughter really is the best medicine..

When it gets really bad for me I turn on the kids xbox and shoot some aliens! Then find something to blow up!
Wow I think I have issues lol

Or I listen to music, read a book, go for a walk or tidy up/sort out stuff I have been putting off.

Hope you can sort it out soon hun.

Xxxx

suschex

Suzanne
Walk outside, lot's of sunlight and fresh air!
Pet a cat or dog
Take a dog on a walk
Play fetch with a dog
yoga or any stretching
deep breathing
loud singinng in the car with the windows down
draw, trace, color (yes, with crayons :)
paint anything
dig in the dirt, any dirt for any reason, the deeper the better!

Hope you feel better very soon!!!

rygon

I either go out for a run / kickboxing
or yoga dvds and aromatheric burner oil thingys (really does work)

I do find stress all being in the mid though, if you are used to stressful situations you get used to them and everything else becomes ok (myself that was rockclimbing and skydiving)

When I'm stressed I tend to do the following: (not all at the same time..haha)
- listen to music at home, in the car.... sing like no-one is listening too :D
- go for a drive down the Gower (coastal place in Swansea)...
-go to the gym and power walk on the treadmill (cannot run as I suffer from Shinsplints)..
- go and visit a friend
- deep slow breathing
- retail therapy on the internet
- surf the internet looking up random things - combination of stress & boredom that one ;)

As per others above, I'd say (if poss) get yourself a dog:) I find that after a busy, stressful day at work, there's no better way to relax and destress than a nice hour long walk with my dog!

Failing that-just a walk in the fresh air,iPod on, then back home, feet up-lovely!