• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Struggling with Constipation

Currently dealing with sever constipation. The pain is so overwhelming that I have a hard time walking without my legs buckling under me.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried almost everything I can imagine (excluding laxatives for the obvious reasons) including diet, exercise, liquid intake, stool softener, massages, and heating pads.

Someone please help, I'm desperate!

fuzzy butterfly

Hi I am sorry you are having such trouble. Have you asked your doctor to see if you may have fecal impaction, which can be caused by the stool being very dry. You need to have at least 18_30 g the of fibre a day to help soften stool. Bulking agents like wheat bran can help to.
Some meds can cause constipation also, so check the leaflets to see if any you take have this as a side effect.
Please speak with your doctor and tell him just how badly this is affecting you. You may need a scan to see what is going on in your bowel. Best wishes n hugs 💕

If you are having pain that severe you may need to go to the ER. I don't know the history or details of your constipation, but I had a flare where I didn't go for 4 days(long time for me) and I was in extreme pain. Went to the ER and I had an obstruction. They put me on IV steroids and an NG tube down my throat. Thankfully I did clear the obstruction.

Hi enema are also quite helpfull, but if it gets worse go to the er constipation can hurt and could be like the others said.Please let us know