• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

[Submitted] Medications for maintaining remission

I'd like to know what factors are taken into account in deciding whether or not a patient needs medication to maintain remission.

(The reason I ask is that since my reversal operation 2 years ago I've not been taking any medication for Crohn's and my consultant isn't proposing that I start but I read many posts from patients that have continued to take Imuran, etc after their operation)

I guess disease resistance to meds must be one factor. My GI has not put me on anything since the resection because of that. I had a brief spell of remission after 3 Infliximab infusions, but started getting symptoms again when they stopped it - was still on Azathioprine at that point.